Ruth is a psychotherapist and supervisor and has been practising in and around Bristol for 15 years. She has a wide and varied client base, including individuals, couples, separated parents and families. After a successful career as a manager in the voluntary and public sectors, she trained as a relationship counsellor, and then as a family therapist. Ruth has a special interest and expertise in working with LGBTQ+ families, where particular complexities can arise. In tandem with this work, she facilitates workshops for the Donor Conception Network, helping participants consider all the practical and emotional implications of having children through donor conception. She offers supervision across the helping professions and brings the same warmth, creativity and attentiveness to her supervision work as she does to her clients.
- Registered member, United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (no. 2010161601)
- Family Law Conversion Certificate (FLiP Faculty)
- Certificate in Supervision (Centre for Supervision, Training and Development, Bath)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Family Therapy and Systemic Practice (University of Bristol)
- Graduate Certificate in Couple Counselling (Relate/University of East London)
- MSc (Lond) Social Policy and Planning
- MA (Oxon) Philosophy and Modern Languages